Take Back Congress - New York

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Today's the Day! So Where is Koziol?

Today was to be the day that Leon Koziol made his big announcement that he is officially seeking the Democratic nomination for the 24th District seat in Congress.

So far, though, not much of the local media is covering it, just Channel 10 News, which says, well, that Leon Koziol is running. Nothing else. No newspaper coverage. No web site. So far, it's kind of a big pffft.

Mr. Koziol, if you're out there, we'd love to hear from you with some more information. Drop us a line, okay?

Update: The Morning After

It's the morning following Leon Koziol's campaign announcement, and still the only coverage of it I can find is that little Channel 10 blurb.

Two things are very, very wrong with this. First of all, the Leon Koziol for Congress campaign needs to do a better job of getting the word out. Second, and more importantly, our district's newspapers need to do a better job of reporting what's going on to us. It is outrageous that I should know that yesterday would be Leon Koziol's announcement day, but the area newspapers would know nothing about it.

It is even more outrageous if the newspapers know about it, and just aren't telling any of us. It looks as if we, the citizens of the 24th District, are going to have to do the leg work ourselves.

Maybe I'm missing an article. Maybe the Auburn Citizen stuck the story in underneath some stock quotes or something. If anyone finds a newspaper article on this subject, please let me know.

2 Comments:

  • http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/NEWS/602080307/1001

    Here's one of many articles. What is your beef with Koziol? Your posts are bordering on "libel", and should they reach that level, a remedy will be sought in court. Does this have something to do with him not returning your call? Well, I hate to break the news to you, but you are no Tom Browkaw. Mr. Koziol has a VERY busy practice to run, and was NOT a candidate when you contacted him. I also notice that you don't allow my posts to be seen on this board, what a joke.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 PM  

  • You, know, anonymous, I don't claim to be Tom Brokaw. I am someone who ought to be even more important to Leon Koziol than Tom Brokaw. I am a voting resident of the 24th congressional district in New York State.

    Leon Koziol is asking permission to represent me as a Democrat in the general election and as a citizen in the United Congress. He ought to be willing to talk with me.

    All the other candidates have been very willing to talk. In fact, I find that congressional candidates from other districts in New York, and even other states, are happy to talk with me. Koziol's weird standoffishness is an abberation.

    My beef with Koziol is that he's not making himself accessible to voters, and that's bad for democracy. It suggests he would treat us all the same way as constituents if he got into Congress, and that's the last thing the 24th District needs.

    If you think that anything I've written here borders on libel, then you don't know much about libel. I describe the facts as I have them, and label my speculations clearly as speculations.

    As for your posts not being allowed to be seen on this blog, well, you're posting anonymously, and so, to prevent junk spam from filling up the pages, the Blogger software enables moderation.

    That means that unless you want to actually register here, you've got to wait for your comments to appear. Small price to pay for someone who wants to come on here, not use their real name, and accuse me of committing a crime in covering this campaign.

    By Blogger 24thIndependent, at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home